Front of House Team Member
The Wave is a slice of the ocean inland, where people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities can experience the joy of blue health. Our F&B area can seat 300+ guests (inside and out) and is a high-volume operation. We feed and water super hungry surfers, our guests staying at The Camp – a 25 safari tent set up introduced in 2021, and spectators who come to hang out in our amazing venue.
As a FOH Team Member, you'll work as part of an amazing team to provide a welcoming atmosphere for our guests, be knowledgeable about the great products we sell and serve them with confidence. We are a busy operation that runs smoothly thanks to our team members being prepared, using the till system competently and taking, preparing, and serving orders while delivering the highest levels of customer service. We go the extra mile to make our guests happy and ensure they leave The Wave with a smile on their face.
As a FOH team member you will:
- Keep the queue moving by taking orders, serving hot and cold drinks and plating up cakes and grab & go food
- Keep our clubhouse looking its best by clearing and cleaning tables, running our bar back dishwasher and keeping on top of refuse and recycling areas
- Ensure you and your team have everything needed to have a great shift. This will mean restocking grab and go items and cutlery & crockery
- Help out the kitchen team with washing up and restocking
- Provide an amazing customer experience with your Wave knowledge and enthusiasm for our ground-breaking venue
Our ideal wavemaker will thrive in a fast-paced environment, be proactive and have a ‘clean as you go’ mentality. In order to thrive at The Wave, you’ll receive training via our online portal to ensure you can carry out your job safety and confidently.
In return you’ll receive:
- All our FOH team members will receive coffee training at Clifton Coffee HQ, giving you the skills to embark on your coffee journey
- Paid breaks
- 30 days of paid holiday (Pro-rated, inclusive of bank hols)
- Free staff surfs
- Staff Discounts on retail of up 20%
- Up to 50% off your surf bookings
- Up to 40% off your food and beverage items while on shift
- Free hot and cold drinks on shift
- Up to 25% off our accommodation
- The chance to work with a great team within a growing company
This is a fixed term position, which will run from March to October. We are looking for full time and part time Wavemakers.
Recruiting for diversity is not simply a tick box for The Wave, it is our ethos, the right thing to do and the smartest way for us to do business. We are an Equal Opportunities employer, committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating all unlawful discrimination.
Your application has been successfully submitted.