Chef de Partie
The Wave is a slice of the ocean inland, where people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities can experience the joy of surfing and its many physical and mental health benefits. Our F&B area can seat 300+ guests (inside and out) and is a high-volume operation. We feed and water super hungry surfers, our guests staying at The Camp – a 25 safari tent set up introduced in 2021, and spectators who come to hang out in our amazing venue.
As Chef de Partie you will control the kitchen and team in the absence of the Head and Sous Chef. You and the team will deliver fantastic food and confidently open and close the kitchen. We develop our CDPs to know how to run a great shift, produce our menu items to the highest quality and to spec each time.
Our Chef de Parties’:
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of our recipes and specs and know how to produce them
- Assist in the efficient running of the kitchen, through smart prep, great teamwork and working at pace
- Complete daily paperwork; including ordering (in line with build levels), inputting waste sheet
- Ensure production levels are in line with those set by the Head Chef through creating and completing prep-lists, using the team to make sure everything is done in good time
- Contribute to meeting and exceeding business KPI’s & targets including sales, margins and wastage
- Follow kitchen open and closing procedures
- Are able to run and carry out service in the burrito and pizza pop ups (this may be working independently)
Our ideal Wavemaker will be enthusiastic, passionate about food, and proactively work with the Head Chef to create and complete prep-lists. Health and safety is super important to us, so we ensure our CDPs are confident in championing food hygiene and health and safety practices to their fellow Wavemakers.
An ability to work under pressure in a high-volume kitchen is a must to keep up with our amazing kitchen team!
This is a fixed term position from March to October, 45hrs per week.
In return you’ll get:
- Straight shifts – no splits
- Paid breaks
- 30 days of paid holiday (pro-rated, inclusive of bank hols)
- Free staff surfs
- Staff Discounts on retail of up 20%
- Up to 50% off your surf bookings
- Up to 40% off your food and beverage items while on shift
- Free hot and cold beverages on shift
- Up to 25% off our accommodation
- The chance to work with a great team within an amazing company
Recruiting for diversity is not simply a tick box for The Wave, it is our ethos, the right thing to do and the smartest way for us to do business. We are an Equal Opportunities employer, committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating all unlawful discrimination.
Your application has been successfully submitted.