The Wave is a slice of the ocean inland, where people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities can experience the joy of blue health and its many physical and mental benefits. Our F&B area can seat 300+ guests (inside and out) and is a high-volume operation. We feed and water super hungry surfers, our guests staying at The Camp – a 25 safari tent set up introduced in 2021, and spectators who come to hang out in our amazing venue.
As aCommis Chefat The Wave, you will work as part of an amazing team to assist in the efficient running of the kitchen. Through smart prep and working at pace you and the team will always ensure full menu availability.
Our Commis Chefs:
- Produce The Wave dishes to a consistently high-quality spec
- Work to the highest levels of food hygiene and safety standards
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of our menus
- Work on our burger section and build all burgers to spec and at pace
- Follow the production levels (prep list) to ensure full menu availability at all times
- Possess a knowledge of how to use and respect the kitchen equipment
- Run the fry section independently
- Prepare & maintain the KP area for a safe and efficient service
- Can run and carry out service in the burrito and pizza pop ups (this may be working independently)
- Possess a desire to increase their knowledge and develop their skill set
Our ideal Wavemaker will be proactive, engaged and empowered to ensure they provide the best experience to our guests each and every time.
We are looking for Commis Chefs to join us from March to October. We have full time and casual positions available.
In return you’ll receive:
- Straight shifts – no splits
- Paid breaks
- 30 days of paid holiday (pro-rated, inclusive of bank hols)
- Free staff surfs
- Staff Discounts on retail of up 20%
- Up to 50% off your surf bookings
- Up to 40% off your food and beverage items while on shift
- Free hot and cold beverages on shift
- Up to 25% off our accommodation
- The chance to work with a great team within an amazing company
Recruiting for diversity is not simply a tick box for The Wave, it is our ethos, the right thing to do and the smartest way for us to do business. We are an Equal Opportunities employer, committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating all unlawful discrimination.
Your application has been successfully submitted.