The Wave is a slice of the ocean inland, where people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities can experience the joy of blue health and its many benefits. Our 180m long lake is powered by Wavegarden. This ground-breaking technology can generate up to 1,000 quality waves per hour, ranging from 50cm (1.7ft) to almost 2m (6.5ft) in height. We can produce a new wave every 8-10 seconds.
As a lifeguard at The Wave, you will see hundreds of guests each day, from toddlers splashing around in play in the bay, to pros surfing and bodyboarding on the expert wave setting.
- Ensure the safety of all our guests
- Champion health and safety
- Contribute to the Wave’s proactive safety culture
- Are vigilant at all times and able to confidently challenge situations whilst remaining calm. This could include identifying and addressing any surfers failing to follow the correct rules and safety procedures
- Work closely with our surf coaches to provide emergency medical aid and water response when needed
This is a customer facing role and you will appreciate the importance of providing a friendly, supportive service. You’ll play a key role within a large, surf operations team and will be expected to assist in other areas of the department when required, such as the surf desk.
Our lifeguards must have an in date lifeguard qualification and clean DBS record. Our ideal wavemaker will have excellent communication skills, be calm under pressure, have strong attention to detail and a proactive mind set – a ‘can-do’ attitude is essential!
In return you’ll get:
- Paid breaks
- 30 days of paid holiday (pro-rated, inclusive of bank hols)
- Free staff surfs
- Staff Discounts on retail of up 20%
- Up to 50% off your surf bookings
- Up to 40% off your food and beverage items while on shift
- Free hot and cold drinks whilst on shift
- Up to 25% off our accommodation
- The chance to work with a great team who work and surf together
Recruiting for diversity is not simply a tick box for The Wave, it is our ethos, the right thing to do and the smartest way for us to do business. We are an Equal Opportunities employer, committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating all unlawful discrimination.
Your application has been successfully submitted.