Wai Kai Wave LLC (DBA The LineUp at Wai Kai) – AtTheLineUp.com
- POSITION TITLE: General Manager
- REPORTS TO: Surf Park Management, Inc.
- POSITION TYPE: Full-Time Year-Round
- START DATE: September 2022
JOB SUMMARY: The LineUp General Manager provides leadership for all aspects of The LineUp’s operations with an emphasis on long-term goals, growth, return on investment, customer service, and the employee experience.
- Oversees the ongoing operations of all departments at The LineUp at Wai Kai.
- Manages and directs the company toward its primary goals and objectives.
- Oversees employment decisions at the executive level of the company.
- Leads a team of directors and managers to consider strategic growth initiatives, customer service enhancements, and employee experience improvements while achieving financial goals and objectives.
- Promotes communication, cooperation and comradery among departments to create a spirit of unity in the organization and effective teamwork.
- Works with Surf Park Management and on-site teams to establish short-term objectives, long-range goals, related budgets, pricing, policies, and marketing and operational plans.
- Presents regular reports on the status of The LineUp’s operations to Surf Park Management, Wai Kai Commercial Development and to company staff.
- Takes action to correct negative variations to the approved budget and standard safety processes.
- Oversees the organization’s budgeting process, financial controls and reports, and ensures adequate and sound funding for the mission and goals of the company while providing quality customer experiences.
- Reviews the financial results of all operations, ensures that operations align with the company’s objectives, and takes appropriate measures to correct unsatisfactory performance and results.
- Negotiates with other entities regarding potential partnerships and/or contracts.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships as The LineUp’s representative to Surf Park Management, The LineUp and Wai Kai employees, vendors, customers, government, and the local community.
- Spends time engaging with guests and patrons of the facility on a regular basis.
- Leads the employee team in delivering memorable, high-quality guest experiences.
- Effectively assigns and delegates work to meet business objectives and goals.
- Administers and ensures the enforcement of all The LineUp rules, regulations, processes and policies.
- Implements programs and manages the operations of The LineUp to ensure compliance with SOPs; safety regulations; and federal, state and local regulations to ensure an optimal level of service, safety, quality and hospitality to the guest(s).
- Communication to Surf Park Management of all incidents reported to include rescues, injuries, workers compensation, and water-related illnesses to senior management, legal and risk management/insurance companies.
- Performs other related duties to benefit the mission of the organization.
- Excellent managerial and financial skills and the ability to provide leadership over any business operations area.
- Superlative communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate as a leader.
- Thorough understanding of management and financial practices in all areas and phases of business operations.
- Extensive professional experience in similar role(s) in management. Hotel, restaurant, resort, water or theme park experience preferred.
- Proven knowledge of project accounting, scheduling, budgeting, document management, contract management, and cost forecasting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships and ability to prepare presentations for the executive team.
- Excellent strategic thinking and analysis skills and a proven record of accomplishment of creating solutions to drive client loyalty and grow revenue.
- A seasoned leader in developing operations and sales strategies in food and beverage, retail and guest experience.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers with tact and diplomacy to defuse the situation, collect accurate information, and resolve conflicts.
- A strong understanding of marketing principles associated with promoting a lifestyle-oriented venue.
- Experience in working in a technology-forward venue setting with integration of digital platforms, applications and integrations to support venue operations.
- Education may vary. An advanced degree in business administration, finance, or law is preferred, but not required.
- Skills in surfing, stand-up paddling, kayaking, canoeing and other water sports activities are preferred, but not required.
- Above all, integrity and honesty.
- Exceptional work ethic and attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial, willingness to work independently with the best practices in mind.
- Knowledge and interest in the waterman lifestyle and community (Surf, SUP, OC paddling, etc.).
- An open and collaborative nature.
- An enthusiasm for coaching, teaching and the development of people.
- Action-Oriented - enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; willing to take unpopular stands when necessary.
Working Conditions / Physical requirements
- Must be fluent in oral and written English.
- Required to work extended periods of time.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, as well as prolonged periods of time sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at times.
- Outdoor work conditions will involve inclement weather, noise, and hazardous materials.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
West Oahu's Social & Recreational Hub